Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday, Jan. 5th . . . getting back into the swing of things . . .

It was nice to do some speed work for the first time in 9 days. I felt my right foot was ready for some short speed work so I added 6x200 meter surges as part of my 5 mile easy run at 7:28, 6:47, 6:46, 6:45, 6:37 and 6:30 paces. It felt good and I purposely kept the surges short at 200 meters as I slowly add back the pace work. I'll take it easy for a few days and do some 400 - 800 meters surges on Saturday.

The biggest change since the pain in my right foot has been that I've run in the Mizuno Wave Universe 3's (MWU3) the last 3 days. I can't read anything into it this early but I'm doing "yet another" close analysis of the Evo and MWU3. I have some theories and opinions but I need to do more analysis first.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List