Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday, Jan. 15th . . . feeling good

I very nice Saturday morning run. Great weather (40F) and calm winds. The trails are still snowy and frozen so I had to do another road run. After a .5 mile barefoot warm-up on the treadmill, I laced up the Evo I's and ran just over 5 miles at a nice comfortable 8:15 pace. I will start to sprinkle in pace work next week.

Before starting the run, I was going back and forth as to whether I should run in the Evo's or rotate to a racing shoe but I ultimated opted for the Evo's and I'm happy I made that decision. While I'd like to rotate shoes, I'm not sure if I will be able to do so as my foot has adjusted to barefoot/minimalist running over the past years to the point that every regular running shoe feels weird.

As for tomorrow, it's 8 miles of hills at a nice comfortable pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List