Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday, Jan. 9th . . . snow, snow and more snow

It's snow, snow and more snow, so it was a treadmill day. Although my right foot feels good, I don't want to risk re-injuring by hitting some ice.

After my regular 5 minute barefoot warm-up, I laced up the MWU3's and ran for 1 hr. at a nice comfortable pace, ranging from 8:00 - 9:00 paces, and ranging the grade to 1.5%. I decided to run with my iPOD and with a good track of songs, and can help you maintain a high stride rate.

I'm continuing to re-focus on my arm placement as I think I've identified the root cause of the right foot pain I had last week which is that my arms had dropped a bit too low over the past month or so. The positioning of the arms can impact foot strike and turnover rate. For many runners, like myself, as the arms drop there's a tendency to over-stride a bit which can be done even with a forefoot strike like I have. As you bring the arms up at slightly more than a 90 degree angle, it forces a shorter and quicker stride.

I was planning to run in the Evo's but opted for the MWU3's to be more conservative before I move back to the Evo's. I should be back in the Evo's shortly.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List