Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saturday, Jan. 1st . . . a time to reflect and a time for new beginnings . . .

A nice easy run day on the treadmill. It's still near zero degrees outside with icy roads so it's too dangerous to run outside. I'm not a huge fan of the treadmill but I'm making it work. I ran for just over 35 minutes while I watched a Twlight Zone episode, "A Game of Pool," which is my favorite TV series of all-time as I remember watching it as a kid with my parents. My right foot is nearly 100% but I'll continue with easy runs for the next week or so before adding hard pace workouts.

I'm basically treating mid-Dec. 2010 through mid-Jan. 2011 as my recovery period. After a lot of racing in 2010 and setting several 5K PR's it's time for me to reward and thank my body for the performances and the best way to do that is to "back off" for several weeks and recovery both physically and mentally.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List