Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday, April 1st . . . mountain fartlek's

70 min. fartlek mountain trail run at 7,500 feet, including 600, 1200, 800 and 800 meter surges between 5:45 - 6:20 pace. It's amazing how much harder it is run at higher elevations. I train daily at 5,500 ft. but I could feel the difference of running at 7,500 ft., not to mention the mountain winds, however, running in the mountains is inspiring and leaves me in awe of nature.

For the first time in several weeks, I decided to use my Garmin to track my surges which was completely unnecessary. At this point, there's no reason for me to use the Garmin other than to map out routes in new places I'm not familiar with but otherwise, watches are useless to me as I can not only feel the paces, but I'm getting pretty good and feeling the distances. I pretty much knew how long and how fast I was running without looking at the Garmin. I didn't look at the Garmin at all during my 70 min. run and I guessed the distances and pace of my surges and I was within :05 - :10 sec. per mile and within 5% of the distance . . . so the Garmin will go back in the closet!!!

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List