Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday, April 21st . . . easy run

45 min. easy run with 10 min. barefoot warm-up. I'm within the 10 day window before my first 5k race this year. Between now and race day, I'll throw in some hard 800 meter intervals, then some hard 200 meter intervals later next week, then a few easy runs before showing up the starting line next Sunday.

I'm working my way back into 5k shape as I was focusing more on the 10k (but 10k's are difficult to find so I'm back to the 5k) so I need to make some slightly adjustments, most of which has to do with the first 1200-1600 meters of the 5k. I have to come out a bit faster in the 5k than I do for the 10k, but also be careful to not come out too fast. This is why the 5k is so tricky strategically. I break down the 1st mile of the 5k into 2 800 meter sessions and I have a goal for each of the fist 800 meter sections and if I'm within that range, then I'm usually good for the rest of the race.

I'm looking forward to it.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List