Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday, April 7th . . . progressive tempo

45 min. run consisting of a 20 min. barefoot warm-up on the treadmill, 25 min. progressive tempo run on the road in the MWU3's, with a 5 min. barefoot warm down on the treadmill. After doing barefoot 400 meter intervals on Tuesday, I opted for the MWU3's to gain more ground feel as I knew that would slightly shorten my stride which was my goal. I've been working the MWU3's back into my rotation with the Nike XC's because I can get spoiled and a little sloppy in the Nike XC's. It's also getting warmer out so I can increase my barefoot mileage.

I'm a big believer in trying to carry over as much of your barefoot running form to shoes . . . at least as much as possible. I use to think Bekele was the gold standard for running form until I saw Tirunesh Dibaba who is the world record holder in the 5k and 10k . . . she ran and raced barefoot until 17 years of age . . . check her out . . . her form is pretty flawless . . . this is why barefoot running is so helpful, in my opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd1QvXJS9m4.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List