Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday, April 3rd . . . body says take a day off . . .

Woke up this morning planning on a long run and my body told me to take the day off. After 2 days of 70-80 minute runs at 7,000 - 9,000 ft. in the windy mountains, including interval work, I guess I was more fatigued than I thought. I could have run today but my body communicated to me through my leg muscles that I was still healing. This is the type of body understanding it took me 3 years to acquire.

I've made major changes in my approach to running this year including ditching the Garmin, watch and any other technology. I "run by feel" and let my body be the technology to communicate to me. I also don't look at running on a weekly schedule anymore as I look at a 30 day running cycle and I have an idea as to how many interval, tempo and long runs I'd like to do in that time period but at the end of the day, I always listen to my body first. I don't have a set workout for a specific day as I get up each morning and my body tells me what it wants to do.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List