Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday, Feb. 2nd . . . my favorite 5k workout

One of my favorite 5k related work-outs. I started with a .5 mile barefoot warm-up, then moved into a 45 minute run that included 2x800 intervals at 5k pace (between 5:45 - 6:10), with a 2 minute recovery, then moved into a 2 mile tempo at 6:42 pace.

Since it is still -4F (-11 F wind chill) outside, I had to run on the treadmill but it was a good workout. I ran in the Nike Air Zoom Streak XC's and they felt great.

I will make a tweak in my running schedule and allow 48 hours recovery between my hard workouts as opposed to 24 hours, so I will do a hard tempo run on Saturday, followed my a nice easy long run on Sunday. The next 2 days will be shorter easy runs. I think this will accomplish 2 things. First, it will allow my body another day to recover from hard runs. Second, it should slow me down on my long run.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List