Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday, Dec. 29th . . . back on the road again

It was really nice to be back on the road again after 2 days off to allow my left foot to rest. I made the decision to run in the Nike Zoom Streak XC's although I said I'd never run in regular racing shoes again but I decided to play it conservative and give me left foot a bit more protection and support since it is not at 100% (it's at 85%-90% right now). Of course, the soreness is due to my increasing paces, especially my easy run paces which has increased over the past year by about 1:00 per mile.

This morning, I ran for 47 minutes at a nice 7:47 pace. This is still a bit faster than I would otherwise prefer but it's clear that I've reached another level of improvement and it's actually hard for me to run slower. I'm not trying to run faster as I just trying to find a nice easy comfortable pace for my easy run days and that comfortable pace is between 7:30 - 8:00, whereas 12 months ago my comfortable pace was 8:30 - 9:30. I'll chalk it up to improvement and getting stronger over the past 12 months but now

As a result, I'm going to need to modify my training schedule to allow my body to fully adapt to these paces since I'm running in the 7:30 range on easy days, 6:40 on medium effort days and and 5:45 - 6:15 on hard days. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow as I will see how my body and left foot feels in the morning.

HHH

2 comments:

  1. Are you still running in the Adams or Evos? Has your impression of the Adams changed?

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott,

    I'm still running in the Evo's. My opinion has not changed regarding the Adam's as I think the Adam is a very good shoe. The Evo remains my primary running shoe but I could see myself running in the Adam as a second option. I still consider the Evo the best minimalist running shoe on the market but we'll see what happens in 2011 as there will be many other options.

    The pain in my left foot is solely my fault for running way too hard on many consecutive days without giving the tendons and ligaments in my foot time to adjust. I have to decide to either slow down on my easy days or modify my weekly running schedule so allow myself adequate time to adjust to the increased paces (I'll likely do the latter).

    Harry

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List