Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday, Dec. 5th, I believe in karma . . .

I guess I do believe in karma because my running form and technique is really coming together even more since I decided to never run in traditional running shoes anymore. It solidified that my body has completely adjusted to barefoot/minimalist running and any other type of running will require a long and tenuous adaption for which I was no interest.

This is my long run of the week. This run was all hills for 10 miles. I completed 10.73 miles in 1:31:27, averaging a 8:37 pace, however, I finished the final 1.5 miles at a 6:45 pace.

Since my decision to run solely barefoot/minimalist, it's as if my body was waiting for me to let go of the traditional shoes and I noticed a few new tweaks in my form that felt unbelievable.

HHH

2 comments:

  1. Well done Harry. Your last few posts have really motivated me to stick it out this winter and run as much as I can barefoot, in VFFs, or my Feelmax Osmas. I think 2011 will be my "break-out" year of running. You've had a tremendous year!

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, it sounds like you are the verge of total adaption. I don't know how/why it happened this way but I finally hit a point where I realized my body had fully adapted to barefoot/minimalist running and for me to run in regular shoes would require adaption back the other way which I've decided to not pursue.

    Everyone's timing is different but if you stay with it, you'll cross that threshold also.

    HHH

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List