Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Secret to Running

This quote is oh so true. If you want to improve, there's definite sacrifice. I run early mornings and once you body adjusts to that, you will also wake up early on the weekends, hence no sleeping in much on the weekend either. That means I have to go to sleep earlier, hence no late night TV or other stuff. But, in the end, is it worth it? HELL YES.

By the time my colleagues come into work, I've already knocked of 6-10 miles and I've already accomplished something big before the day even begins. It's hard to have a bad day when you start off on such a high.


This is not about instant gratification. You have to work hard for it, sweat for it, give up sleeping in on Sunday mornings.

Lauren Fessenden, Cross Country Athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List