Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday, Dec. 4th, it's all about the hills

I started with a 5 min. barefoot warm-up, then laced up the Evo's and hit the road for a 1 hr. "all hills" run which included a progressive warm-up, then 10 min. at 5k pace into 5 min. relaxed, into 6 sets of 1 min. very hard, 2 min. comfortable, then a 5 min. warm-down.

I averaged about a 6:25 pace and it was an effortless run (for the 1 min. surges I ran progressively faster from a 6:18 pace down to 5:57 pace, depending on the elevation of hill).

I've decided I can't run in regular running shoes, even racing shoes, anymore. My body has fully adapted to barefoot and true minimalist running and I can't go back to the old world as it would require me to go through an entire adapation phase to learn how to run in cushioned/heel elevated shoes and I have absolutely no interest in doing that. It took my about 2 years to get to this point, so it was a 18 month or so period of adapation, or as I prefer to call it, a return to my natural body state when I rely on my body for performance and speed and not shoes. No shoe can match the performance ability of the body/barefeet.

At the end of the day, it's about balance and joint alignment and cushion/heel elevation throws off my balance and joint alignment and I have no interest in leaning how to run off-balance.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List