Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Altra Adam's - Initial Impressions

I received a pair of Adam's from Altra to test out. This is just my quick initial impression. I walked a lot in them yesterday and they feel awesome. They actually are more comfortable than the KSO (in my opinion) and I really like the KSO. I haven't run in them yet but I'll do so this Saturday. I would run in them sooner but I don't want to do speed work in a new shoe so Saturday is my next easy run day.

They are incredibly flexible, just like the KSO. They are pretty light (under 6 oz.) and feel good with and without the insole (I'll probably run with the insole). The "zero drop" feature is prefect of course. The minute I took my first step in the Adam, I said to my wife, "yea, they got it right." My wife thinks they look really cool and she wants a pair of the Eve's. They have a very wide toe box which is a great feature and they are significantly wider than the Evo. My toes have plenty of room to maneuver.

It is amazing how different a zero drop feels from any heel elevation, even 2-3mm feels completely different. I'll never run in any shoe that has a heel differential on the bottom sole, not even 1mm.

I'll provide a more detailed review after my first run.

HHH

1 comment:

  1. Freaking awesome! I can't wait for your review after running in them...and I can't wait for these to hit the market in 2011.

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List