Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday, Dec. 10th - 1 mile repeats

After a 5 minute barefoot warm-up on the treadmill, I laced up the Evo II's and headed out for a mile repeat intervals. After a 3 mile warm-up I moved into 1 mile repeats and ran a 5k in 19:37 with my 1 mile pace at 6:47, 6:23, and 6:27 pace. The total run was 7.49 miles in 1:01:58.

It was a comfortably hard pace and everything felt good from my body to my breathing. I didn't completely open up my stride because my body didn't want to so I maintained a slightly shorter stride and higher stride rate and it felt great. I truly believe you must listen to your body and it will tell you how you want to run that day.

I will run short and easy tomorrow to recover for Sunday's long run which will be more of tempo run (in the 8-12 mile range) than a long slow run.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List