Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday, Dec. 22nd, nice easy run . . .

A very enjoyable nice easy run. 6.74 miles in 57:58 over hilly terrain. Average pace the first 30 minutes was 9:10, and 8:03 pace for the last 27 minutes. This is exactly the paces I like to run on easy days. That 8:00 - 8:30 range is a perfect pace for me as it's 2:00 - 2:30 slower than my 5k race pace but it's fast enough to allow me to maintain good form and technique. There's a point where if I run too slow, my stride is choppy and not smooth.

It was a bit chilly (11F) so I had on running jacket on with gloves. The Evo II's are great in cold weather with the additional inside lining.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List