Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Keep it in perspective

Day 13; Me, My Stairs and I.  Pretty interesting day.  Finally got the opportunity to run in a real snow storm.  Ran for 50 minutes in 1 ft. of soft powder snow on a dirt trial in the woods.  It was very cool.  Then off to work and scaled the stairs to the office; still boycotting the elevator. 

I was thinking, while on the stairs of course, what a different world we live in.  Just think about it; what was important to you 24 months ago?  And, what of that group is important today?  The entire mind set of this country has been reset.  Wow, I was thinking:

1.      1)  Materials possessions are of very little, if any importance anymore

2.      2)  True friends emerge in tough times; the fakers are exposed

3.      3)  The sun really does shine again no matter how bad things are or how dark it is, even on Friday the 13th; the next day brings a completely new opportunity and challenge.

Basically, be thankful; think positive; remove negative influences (it’s so easy to be negative but it can silently kill your spirit/drive).

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List