Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Global Warming Isn't Real and Standing Day 29

Yea baby, Day 29 Standing-at-Work completed.  One more day and I complete the 1 month standing at work.  At this point, I think I’ll develop a customized Stand-up-Desk and sell it to consumers since I’m the Stand-up Desk expert.  I’ll get back to you on that one. 

I had a colleague from our U.K. office visit today and he still can’t believe that I stand all day.  He is just speechless but, did come back and say I admire what you are doing.  He said he knows it’s probably a very good thing from a health perspective but he couldn’t do it. 

This is one think that perplexes me, that is, why do folks say that know something is good; that they should do it; but then say they “can’t” or “won’t” do it.  What’s the point of living if you don’t continually challenge yourself to be better?  I have a friend that’s a vegan and I know that’s good for you; I’m not a vegan but I’m making strides to eat better.  I was always a meat eater but I don’t eat meat anymore.  Funny thing, my body doesn’t need it.  I quit eating eat meat over 1 yr. ago and since then, I run 40+ miles per day; yoga 3 times a week; ran a marathon; and preparing for another.  So, obviously my body doesn’t need meat.  Seems to me if you know something is good for you, at least take a step in the right direction.

Ok, quick diversion to my top 3 thoughts/ideas today while standing:

  1. global warming isn’t real; heck it’s only 61 degrees (70 degrees yesterday) in Colorado in March which is traditionally a pretty snowy/cold month
  2. it’s weird feeling when you get dizzy during yoga; it happens so often now, I’m use to it . . . that’s weird
  3. even though I’ve transitioned from law to business, I still prefer execution over strategy; the former is concrete; the latter in of itself is difficult to conceptualize at times; of course, if it leads to execution then it’s all good; but strategy alone is frustrating

I’m very much looking forward to Friday b/c it’s my easy run day; 45 min. to 1 hr.; easy pace.  It’s the only day I take my iPod with me.  Of course Saturday is my long run; 16-20 miles.  But, I’m looking forward to it.

I’m still perplexed; everyone is saying I know running is good for you; I know yoga is good for you; I know Standing-at-Work is good for you but none of them do anything about it.  WHY?

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List