Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

New 5K PR

Ok, it was a PR by only :02, but it's a PR. I finished a great 5k trail run (packed dirt trails) in 18:22 and finished 5th overall (900+ runners) . . . about a 5:55 pace. Considering this was on dirt, I'm very pleased as I probably would have run faster on the roads.

For the first time in a long time, I ran hard (I know because of the pain in my quads). There were a few tough moments but I prepared mentally before the race for some of the inevitable pain and suffering that comes with running hard. I'm happy where I am and I'm expecting to go sub 18:00 in the near future. From this point, improvement will be incremental. I have a lot of work ahead but that's the exciting part. It's amazing how big "seconds" are in a 5k when you truly hard hard . . . running :05 per mile faster is huge (and hard).

I ran in the Nike Air Zoom Streak XCs (my previous PR was in the Evo's on a flat road course).

I'm happy today and then back training tomorrow.

Harry


4 comments:

  1. Amazing! Congratulations, Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratualtions. A PR on a trail is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I forgot that a messily 3.1 mile race can take so much out of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Harry. A PR is a PR!

    Al

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List