Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday, Aug. 8th . . . The "famous" Stanford Dish Loop . . .

After all these years traveling to Silicon Valley I finally had the opportunity to run the famous Stanford dish loop. I've been told you haven't really run at Stanford until you complete the dish loop and it's true. Extremely hilly route but you get rewarded with spectacular views of the bay area. The basic loop is about 3.5 miles but I added some of the off trails (not sure if they have rattlesnakes but I was looking :) to get a longer run in (40 minutes and just over 5 miles).

Lucky for me I come from the mile high city and run in the mountains a lot so the hills were no big deal and I get a big benefit in terms of breathing when running at sea level vs. elevation. Just a breath taking run. When I reached the top of the mountain I was reminded why I run.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List