Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4th . . . the beauty in slowing down . . .

There's just nothing like nature. I decided this morning to slow the hell down. I found some nice trails and forced myself to run slow. I spent most of my 65 min. run looking at the snow capped mountains in the background, the trees, flowers, and waved to a few coyotes (they looked at me like I was crazy :).

Speed is nice and I enjoy running fast but it was a reminder that sometimes you can run so fast that you run right past the reasons you love running in the first place. I loved this run and I literally felt the inspiration and love for running returning with each stride. It was another reminder about balance. I've learned to "run by feel," and with all my road racing my body adjusted to running pretty hard and fast on a daily basis and it took a concentrated effort to slow down and smell the flowers. Although I wasn't in the mountains, I did pick the most uneven terrain I could which helped me slow down.

There's absolute beauty in running slower.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List