Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday, March 9th . . . very tired legs

65 min. run: 20 min. barefoot warm-up on the treadmill; 45 min. trail run in the Evo's. My legs were pretty beat up from the 800 meter interval track session yesterday.

I'm clearly seeing the relationship between speed, age and recovery. It takes 1-2 days for me to recover from intervals, especially 800-1200 meter intervals. I do much better with 200-400 meter intervals. By the time I hit the 800 meter mark, I'd prefer to knock off 1 mile splits. I have to learn about your body and I do much better at a fast tempo pace over longer distances and all out sprints.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List