Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday, March 15th . . . morning half of double session

50 min. trail run in Inov-8 F-Lite 195's, with barefoot warm-up. Group track work-out scheduled for tonight. I've been running with no watch for over 1 week and it is so refreshing. I'm running stronger, faster and I love running more because I have no reliance on a gadget as I can only rely on my body to tell me how far, how fast, and when to rest. My next goal is to race without a watch. I'm entering the 2011 race season and I would like to race without a watch and just entirely rely on my the messages from my body to the brain to guide me.

I'll also continue to closely watch Ryan Hall's "free form running," philosophy. I suspect he is one of the few, if not the only, elite runner(s) that are running "by feel," and not following a set daily workout schedule.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List