Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nice Tuesday Morning Run; Still Lots to Learn

Just finished a nice relaxing, easy pace run.  5.86 miles in 55:27.  I walked the last few minutes as a cool down so that brought my pace down to 9.28.  I'm in the process of learning how to better listen to my body and control my pace which requires you to tone down the ego and that can be tough.  But, I keep reminding myself why I love running; it's because of the sheer enjoyment it brings to me mentally and physically and not because I run a certain pace or distance.  This is the problem with us modern runners.  

Many of indigenous peoples have been running long distances (100+ miles) in their 80's and 90's because they understand the human body was built for long distances but not for pace; we just don't get it and neither do doctors in the western culture.  I think the indigenous peoples, for example the Tarahumara Indians of Mexico's Copper Canyons, is was ahead of us.  We know so little about the human body and especially about the human spirit.  We equally know very little about he right side of the brain and it's there where the adventure really begins.  It's a process and I'm having fun on the journey.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List