Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

went too far . . . 2 part story

[PART I]

I had no idea what I was going to do but this turned into a longer run (60 mi.) followed by a race pace finish (25 min.) which is part II that I'll post separately. Beautiful morning, about 50F but too many people on the trails for my liking :)

[PART II]

Ok, I admit I over did it and I will pay in about 48 hrs. when DOMS sets in. I usually don't run race pace for this amount of time at the end of a long run (part I) . . . 25 min. at 5:57 pace . . . I really didn't realize it.

I knew I was running 5k race pace but with the iPod I lost track of how far/long I was maintaining this pace. I will pay for this unless I'm very conservative over the next few days so I will do a very short 30 min. run tomorrow to help the healing process and then likely take Monday off to recover. All in all, it felt good to get back to 5k race pace.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List