Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday recovery time . . .

The perfect recovery run after yesterday's hard run . . . nice easy 35 min. run. The first 10 minutes was slow as my muscles were pretty sore; no doubt I did a good amount of muscle tearing from yesterday's run. I only wanted to run to clear the waste from my body (it's working).

This was a classic mind vs. body battle and fortunately I was disciplined enough to follow my body. The mind wanted me to keep running but I knew my body was in healing mode and not recovered from yesterday so I made sure to not run more than 30 minutes. The danger is after a hard workout, your muscle memory the next day remembers running fast and will revert to that mode so you need to make sure to do what's right from your body.

Harry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List