Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday, the day some of my speed returned . . .

After several days of slower running, I was waiting for my body to allow me to do some faster running. After 20 minutes of warming up, the signals were clear that this was the day as my muscles were tight and I had spring in the legs, so I moved to 5k race pace (sub 6:00 pace for 3 miles).

The body is amazing . . . I have a 2 1/2 to 3 min. variation in pace per mile between my 5k race pace and easy pace. I spent about 15 minutes cooling down just trotting along to bring my heart beat down. Total run time around 50 minutes.

Harry


1 comment:

  1. You are so fast! Are you a professional runner?

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List