Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Life Goes On (Day 25 Standing at Work)

Yea, 25 days of Standing-at-Work completed.  Now, the question is whether that qualifies as a month.  It was 4 work weeks; 20 work days, but not a full month in terms of # of days.  So, to avoid the complaints from the folks that made the original bet with me, I’ll stand all next week to make it 30 work days.  No biggie ya’ complainers; standing another week is no big deal especially since I’m going to stand from now on anyway.

I had lunch with a former colleague at my prior company.  It was a fun lunch.  It’s just funny how the past really becomes the past quickly.  You work with folks for many years; then you all leave and re-connect every now and then.  It really shows the separation between friend/family and people you work with.  The former last forever; the latter is only for the period of time you work together; and few folks in the latter move to the former.  Like they say, “Life Goes On.” 

I wonder what drove me into running and now has become part of my soul.  I think I was looking for an escape and running provided the escape but it also started to re-set my life; became something spiritual; and opened my eyes to what really matters in my life. 

Life is just interesting; we control so little.  It just goes where it wants to go.  But, you can control some aspects including what you eat; how you treat your body; etc.  Those are key areas we do control.  So, get up outta that chair and start working out.  Just getting those aspects moving will start other things moving in your life.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List