Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Does it Touch Your Soul? Day 21 Standing

Beginning of week 4 and I stood for 6+ hours.  I’m standing so long it’s easier to just highlight the short moments when I sit.  I had a tough tempo run this morning but my legs held up pretty good.  It’s always a tough day after the weekend long run (I ran 15 miles on Saturday; took Sunday off; and returned with a 1 hr. fast tempo run this morning).

Now, jumping to my top 3 thoughts while standing: 

1.      Does it touch your soul?  Does it improve your life?  If you can’t answer “yes” to both, it’s probably not worth it.

2.      Why do I love running?  It’s because running is my private time, my therapy, my religion.

3.      I watched a runner at lunch run by a group smoking?  I wonder how those folks feel knowing they are smoking and killing themselves and the running dude is staying healthy.

 Now, back to standing as I’m going to continue to preach about staying healthy.  Today I watched how stressed folks can get at work and I use to be one of them.  The difference for me?  Running, Yoga, and staying healthy has changed my entire view of myself, my family, and the world.  Stuff just doesn’t stress me out much anyone.  First of all, I’m so clam after running that there’s not enough hours in the day to get me worked up again and the next days, I’m off to run or yoga again and the healthy circle continues.  Standing is another key element in my health push.

 Does it work?  Well, I’m basically the same weight as I was in high school and I turn 40 this year.  My % of body fat is practically the same; sure, I don’t have the muscles I had in high school/college but I don’t have the fat (the stomach is still flat).  I’ve listened to folks take different meds and stuff to lose weight.  Here’s the thing; I lost 35 lbs. in 3 months by just running 2 miles every other day; that was 3 years ago.  Now, I run about 40 miles per week + 3 days of yoga.

 I’m telling you anyone can do it.  Just start with something small.  Maybe it’s standing at work for 1 hr. every day.  Or, maybe it’s running 1 mile every other day.  The point is, Get Outta’ That Chair!!!!!!!!!!  Or, if that message isn’t clear enough, Get Off Your Ass!!!!!

Peace Out.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List