Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday, Nov. 23rd - Intervals

After my regular morning foam roller stretching, I ran .35 miles barefoot on the treadmill. I do this several times each week as it wakes up my feet and keeps the muscles in my feet eager.

Then, I headed out the door and warmed up for 30 minutes at a nice casual pace then when I felt I was loose enough, I moved into 6 interval sets of 3 minutes hard/1 minute easy. The 3 minute interval paces were at 10k pace, 6:57, 6:37, 6:35, 6:23, 6:26 and 6:18. I felt good and strong.

The next 2 days will be easy runs with the goal of not running faster than 8:30 pace, and I'd prefer to run in the 9:00 pace range. I've found the key to injury free running is to run hard on the hard days, but very easy on the easy days (the easy days are actually recovery days).

I've also been thinking about my goal for 2011, and I'm leaning toward the sub 18:00 minute 5k (my current 5k PR is 18:24).

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List