Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday, Nov. 29th - Running on a Bike

It was a bit chilly with a few inches of snow on the ground but it was beautiful outside. This was a total recovery run after yesterday's tempo run. This was a "run by feel" meaning I didn't carry a watch. I just checked the time before leaving and took off and ran according to how my body felt. I had weary legs which is normal for me after 7 runs in 6 days.

When my legs get tired I mentally see myself riding a bike and I copy the cycling motion and that tends to pick up my cadence a bit. I ran for just over 46 minutes and, if I had to guess, I probably covered about 4.5 miles and I probably averaged a 10:00 pace. I've had many folks ask how I can run that slowly then turn around and run sub 6:00 pace. The answer is simple. You need to run easy on easy days so your body can recovery and allow you to run hard on the hard days.

Tomorrow is my off day, and I'm looking forward to it.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List