Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Inspiration

A good morning inspirational statement from Lance Armstrong:

"Anything is possible, but you have to believe and you have to fight."

So short, yet so true. Most often the discussion is about the physical side which is understandable but the mental side is, at a minimum, just as important and I would argue more important. The human mind is amazing and can be an asset or a detriment depending on how you approach a given situation. Personally, I never thought having started running less than 3 yrs. ago at my age (38) that I could hold the pace per minute that I'm holding but after committing to the hard training, not missing a day, and eating right (for the part), I've surpassed my tempo pace without any problem and I can hit that pace and hold it on any given run, on any given day, and do it for a good distance . . . this is due to the physical training but it's easier because I can do it mentally.

This is true for everyone and this is especially important as you get older so that we realize that age is just a number. While many try to slow down with age, I don't believe that. Amazing feats can be achieved as you get older. Our bodies were built to sustain and maintain stress and the body actually yearns for it but you must "fight and believe."

HHH

2 comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List