Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Finally, Back Outside

It was a very warm (-3F) this morning so I ran outside and loved it. Packed snow and complete quiet and calmness. I only saw one other human being and that was a crazy runner like myself with all the layers of clothes running the other way. Other than that, it was only me and nature and it doesn't get any better than that.

I also pulled up an old email from a woman that runs in Canada and does so at (-40F/-40C) commonly so what the heck did I have to complain about as (-3f) is summer compared to what she commonly runs in. She also explained to me how to dress so I was good to go: 3 layers: short sleeve shirt, long sleeve compression shirt and running jacket with leg tights under running pants, mask covering face and ears, gloves with hand warmers and Vaseline all over your hands, feet, and most importantly, your face, eye lashes, ears, lips, etc., as the Vaseline is basically a thin layer mask to retain heat and fight off the cold . . . it works awesome.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List