Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

VFF miles increasing

Just finished my longest VFF run. 11 miles. I just started BF and VFF running 6 4 weeks ago so I'm pleased with the increase. I'm up to 30-35 mile weeks. Once I return to 40-45 mile weeks, I'll be back to what my running schedule was in shods (of course, I'll never return to shods). I just need to add a few more miles and I will be ready for a half marathon in the VFFs (that's my goal). I'm probably 2-3 months away . . . I need to feel comfortable at about 15 miles in the VFFs for a half but I'll get there.

2 months ago I would have called this crazy and anyone doing it . . . I never would have thought I would ever switch to BF and VFF. But, I'm a convert not b/c the "personal" data is indisputable. I was told to take 2-3 months off. I immediately threw away the shoes and started BF . . . I've never stopped running; BF and VFF is why I could continue to run. I'll just continue to "rebuild" my body. I'm 40 yrs. old and I LOVE the idea of rebuilding my muscles and reverting my running form back to how I ran as a child. This is what makes life fun!!!!

It's never too late to accomplish anything in life!!

HHH

2 comments:

  1. I assume, despite it being a lengthier run, it felt great in the VFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt great. My foot did get sore around mile 9 so that's when I headed home. I still have a lot of work to return to my 20+ mile long weekend runs but I'm going in the right direction. I'm having to re-build the muscles, tendons and ligaments in my foot and through my legs as I'm using new muscles. But, it feels great.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List