Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's All About the Vibram Five Fingers

I'm not a conspiracy person but it's getting very difficult, if not impossible, to refute the data that the fancy, technologically advanced shoes are BAD, that is, AWFUL for you. I just ran a comfortable pace in my Vibram Five Fingers KSO's of 6.4 miles in 52:28. This is a 8.12 pace which is a bit faster than my regular comfortable pace in traditional running shoes. More shocking is that for 1 mile I was sprinting at about a 6.40 pace. Now, that is a big deal b/c I haven't opened up to a full stride/sprint in many months and I did it and didn't even know I was doing it until I looked at my watch and realized my stride. And to top it off, I did it pretty much pain free. I'm recovering from several injuries and I basically felt very little in terms of pain as compared to my normal running shoes.

I'm starting to become a believer that the shoe companies are evil and know what they are doing to people. Hard to argue that barefoot running isn't the best if the indigenous peoples have been running long distances barefoot without injury for thousands of years.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List