Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Is City Life, a Good Life? Probably a Closed Box

Day 16-18 on the stairs and back from the kids’ spring break.  Forcing myself back into the work mindset; always tough returning from a vacation but all is well.  I missed yoga last Thursday due to the holiday’s so I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s session . .. I’m sure I’ll pay but it will be worth it. 

The stairs today required some extra effort because the exit closest to me wasn’t operating correctly; in fact, the door wouldn’t open.  I told the front desk and they said they’d fix it but they haven’t fixed it yet.  Now, as an attorney, I’m thinking, “isn’t this a bit of a hazard; folks can’t exit the building from the nearest exit if an emergency were to arise . . . “  In any event, I had to use the exit at the opposite end of the floor.  Hope these building folks get this fixed ASAP.

Thoughts of the day:

  1. What risky decision have you made recently?  Or, do you always chose the save road?  What does your answer say about you?  How do you feel about your answer knowing we only live once?
  2. While jogging on a deserted road in the mountains through a small town, every car that passed (probably only 8-10 over a 3 hr. period) waived and, in fact, one old lady asked if I needed a ride.  This would never occur in the city?  Are we that damn scared?  That consumed with ourselves?  If yes, then we live in a box; that’s sad.  Is that a good life?  A good environment for kids?
  3. It’s not fair that I ran this morning in 14 degree weather and it’s now 51 degrees.  That’s the theme of my life as an early morning runner . . . oh well.

I’m sure I’ll have more to share later this week.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List