Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Your Arms are Weapons

After a training session with my running coach, I've learned a valuable lesson. Your arms are weapons and can be used to control your pace and maintain balance. I was not using my arms efficiently which also caused issues on downhill running. The first time I concentrated on my arms, the experience was amazing. I'm breathing better and I can control my pace much better, especially downhill. It is also enabling me to maintain a high cadence whether I'm warming up, at a comfortable pace or sprinting.

I now understand better how the elite runners utilize their arms. It may sound like a small tweak but it's a major improvement. Find a runner of similar height to you and study their arm positioning and movement. Then, experiment and find where you can improve.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List