I've changed my running shoes considerably after realizing I needed a bit more protection for the type of training I do, and after having some issues with some of my minimalist shoes. As a result, here's my new shoe rotation which also addresses various weather and terrain variations.
1. Nike Zoom Streak XC. This is one of my daily training shoes. It’s a great all-surface shoe for road, trail and mountain running.
2. Nike Katana Racr3. This is other daily running shoe. It’s also great for road, rail and mountain running. I alternate the Streak XC and Katana for my daily runs.
3. Mizuno Wave Universe 3. The MWU3 is my track shoe. I use it solely for track intervals.
4. Barefoot. I continue to use barefoot running as a training tool. I run up to 1 mile barefoot each week, predominately as a warm-down after my track work-outs.
5. Terra Plana Evo. This is casual walking shoe. In the past, the Evo was my primary running shoe but due to blisters and other issues I decided to retire the Evo from my running shoe rotation and use it for walking. It’s a great casual walking shoe.
I never use the same shoe on back-to-back days, and my body feels great with this combination. It only took a few years to get here :) but it was well worth it.