Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Running is Humbling

After setting a 5k PR yesterday, I did a 10 mile run this morning and couldn't break the 11:00 min. pace barrier. I was cruising at just over 6:00 min. pace yesterday and couldn't break 11:00 min. pace today . . . I thought it was pretty funny.

The great thing is I've learned to listen to my body. It told me it was cool to run today but don't think about putting any type of pace, pressure or stress on the body, so I followed those clear directions and just enjoyed a leisure run on beautiful trails.

I think this is where many of us get injured. In the past I would have pushed the pace but I'm continuing to learn when to completely back off.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List