Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Working on the PF

I'm continuing to work on my Plantar Fasciitis (PF). I just started Active Release Technique (ART) so hopefully that will help and, if nothing else, help break up the scar tissue around the plantar on my left foot. It's not possible for the Plantar to heal until the scar tissue is removed. This should also help reduce the pain.

After having trouble walking on a few days ago, I'm back to running a couple slow miles each day. I could push myself more but I'm trying to really take my time and not take 1 step forward, and 2 steps back. If I feel up to it, I will try a 30 minute run tomorrow. Right now, all my runs are 100% barefoot. I feel best in my bare feet and my pain is drastically reduced. When I had Achilles Tendinitis last year, the only way I could run was barefoot. The minute I put anything on my feet, the pain was unbearable.

I also pick up my modified Asics tonight. I had a cobbler do a zero drop modification to my Asics Hyperspeed 3's (this is too difficult to do on the Mizuno Wave Universe 3 as they don't have enough of a foundation to work with). The zero drop modification is essentially a reduction of the midfoot and heel area so that there is no differential between the forefoot, midfoot and heel area. Some claim this is a better barefoot like experience because there's no heel build up at all . . . we'll see as I will try them once I feel my PF is better.

HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Blog List

    My Blog List