Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Day 19-23. I’m only taking the stairs except in a few instances where the office building can’t get their act together. Several times I took the stairs; tried to access our floor and, guess what? . . . the door wouldn’t open. So, back down to the lobby; I tell them about the problem; they say they’ll fix it. I try it a few hours later and then the next day; in all cases, the door still won’t open. To make matters worse it will not open from the stairs or the hallway. I tell the lobby person again, and, again, it still has problems; works sometimes; doesn’t work others. One would think, just for liability protection, if nothing else, they would fix the damn door . . . just baffling.
Then, to make matters worse, some folks at the building have an attitude when you simply report a problem and except them to do their job. Here’s an idea . . . do your job? It is baffling that in this environment where we are blessed to have jobs (so much suffering out there) and we still have folks that don’t want to do their jobs . . . time for a reality check.
Here are 3 ideas:
1. 1. Do your job!
2. 2. Don’t have a friggin attitude for no reason!
3. 3. Be thankful! If that’s a challenge, just turn on the TV . . . there’s plenty of stories (unfortunately) of all the suffering in the world . . . we are blessed.
I’m 3 weeks from the marathon and, I have to admit, my feet are sore. Probably mostly from the running but I do stand at work for at least 5 hours . . . . but I still feel great!!!
Join me in boycotting regular desks (stand up) and elevators (take the stairs); lastly, get off your butt, put on the running shoes, and pound the pavement . . . just one step at a time!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Day 16-18 on the stairs and back from the kids’ spring break. Forcing myself back into the work mindset; always tough returning from a vacation but all is well. I missed yoga last Thursday due to the holiday’s so I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s session . .. I’m sure I’ll pay but it will be worth it.
The stairs today required some extra effort because the exit closest to me wasn’t operating correctly; in fact, the door wouldn’t open. I told the front desk and they said they’d fix it but they haven’t fixed it yet. Now, as an attorney, I’m thinking, “isn’t this a bit of a hazard; folks can’t exit the building from the nearest exit if an emergency were to arise . . . “ In any event, I had to use the exit at the opposite end of the floor. Hope these building folks get this fixed ASAP.
Thoughts of the day:
- What risky decision have you made recently? Or, do you always chose the save road? What does your answer say about you? How do you feel about your answer knowing we only live once?
- While jogging on a deserted road in the mountains through a small town, every car that passed (probably only 8-10 over a 3 hr. period) waived and, in fact, one old lady asked if I needed a ride. This would never occur in the city? Are we that damn scared? That consumed with ourselves? If yes, then we live in a box; that’s sad. Is that a good life? A good environment for kids?
- It’s not fair that I ran this morning in 14 degree weather and it’s now 51 degrees. That’s the theme of my life as an early morning runner . . . oh well.
I’m sure I’ll have more to share later this week.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Great tempo run. Just finished 7.56 miles in 1 hr. with 4 min. very strong followed by 20 min. at marathon pace with another 4 min. very strong (8.09 pace). Did 16 min. on the front and back end. Total peace; no one on the trail.
It was a tough start. My mind and body said "I'm not running today." I had a mental battle with myself but forced myself out the door; just one step at at time.